Print this page
- In December 10 and 11 2012, parallel to the 21th International Symposium of GAAEC, GAAEC/Youth have organized a special day for youth. More than 150 students from many Universities in Greece took a part in a discussion with NATO officials and leaders of the citizens' society. Also was present YATA with its President Mrs. Kristin Durant, who has described YATA activities.
- On October 19th 2012, members of GAAEC/Youth were invited to attend the information program organized by NATO's Public Diplomacy Division at NATO HQ in Brussels. During the visit the delegation met several high-level officials from NATO's international staff, including Mrs. Kolinda Grabar – Kitarovic, Assistant Secretary General for Public Diplomacy, NATO and had the opportunity to be informed and discuss about a lot of issues that are included in the NATO's agenda.
- On October 20th the delegation attended at the ATA HQ and had a round table discussion with Mr. Giuseppe Belardetti, Programs Director at the ATA and Mr. Jason Wiseman, Programs Assistant. The discussion concentrated mainly around the topic of Mediterranean countries after the uprisings of the Arab Spring and the programs that have been implemented in order to face the problems that came through this situation.
- T.I.C.L.S. is a new platform for educational programs established by G.A.A.E.C. The International Center for Leading Studies is the new academic branch / institution that develops the educational programs. As an educational center and affirmed supporter of continuing education, T.I.C.L.S. facilitates knowledge as the basic tool to provide an opportunity, especially for young persons, to engage and expand beyond their academic discipline. T.I.C.L.S. develops the educational programs in cooperation with Academic Institutions, such as the Mediterranean Agronomic Institute of Chania, Universities from Greece, the U.S., etc., and major think tanks from abroad.
More information: http://www.ticls.org/
- The International Academy for Advanced Studies (T.I.A.A.S.), July 19 – August 1, 2013, was held at the Mediterranean Agronomic Institute of Chania (MAICh), Crete, and has been organized by T.I.C.L.S. in cooperation with G.A.A.E.C. T.I.A.A.S. is the largest educational summer program in the Mediterranean, bringing together students from Western Europe, South East Europe, the Middle East, Russia and the Balkans, as well as from the United States, offering them academic courses on political economy and history, conflict management and more.
More information: http://www.ticls.org/ila
- Chania Med-Forum was launched for the first time from July 25 till July 28, 2013 in Chania, Crete. The main focus was on the present-day interrelated issues of geopolitics, energy, economy, conflict prevention, the role of international organizations, and more issues, which are affecting national, & international relations, societies and the human security of citizens. Guest speakers and discussants were expert prominent personalities with actual experience in their related field.
More information: http://www.ticls.org/forum
- The Leaders For Our Future, an International Educational Program for young promising leaders of 15-18 years old, from more than 10 European countries, the U.S. and more, based on informal education was held from July 14-30, 2013 in Chania, Crete. During the 16 days' program the youngsters were exposed through lectures, simulation games and interactive learning on subjects not usually taught elsewhere.
More information: http://www.ticls.org/lfof
- GAAEC/Youth are on the process of launching a special website for open discussions with youth around the World. The name of the site is Transatlantic Youth for 21th Century (www.try21.org).
- Later this year we will organize our 22th International Symposium of GAAEC and our parallel youth seminar.